How To Grow Legal Cannabis under the Cannabis Act in Quebec ?
- MC2 Avocats - Lawyers
- No comments
Licensed cultivators, processors and sellers of cannabis under the Cannabis Act in Quebec or Canada.
You must apply to obtain a cannabis license under the Excise Act, 2001 in the following situations:
- You grow it (you grow cannabis products)
- You make the production (you produce cannabis products)
- You make the packaging (you pack cannabis products)
You do not have to apply for a license if one of the following situations applies:
- You are an individual and produce cannabis products in Canada for your personal use in accordance with the Cannabis Act
- You are an individual and produce cannabis products in Canada under the Cannabis for Personal Medical Purposes Act
- You are an individual, you produce cannabis products in Canada and you are a designated person authorized to produce cannabis products in Canada for the medical purposes of another individual, in accordance with the Cannabis Act
- You are a producer of industrial hemp and produce by-products of industrial hemp
Please note that even if you have a license from Health Canada, you must apply for a cannabis license with the CRA for medical and non-medical (recreational) purposes.
If you pack cannabis products, you must also register for the cannabis product-stamping scheme before selling any packaged cannabis products.
You need legal advice in your actions call MC2 Avocats Inc. without delay, it will be our pleasure to accompany you.